Coming to this museum, visitors will be invited to menapaktilasi trip Laskar Pelangi novel. Starting from the page footage per page of the bestselling novel to be appointed into a movie that is in demand in Indonesia. Kata Museum Andrea Hirata is located at Jalan Raya Laskar Pelangi No.7, Gantong, East Belitung.
The atmosphere presented novel Laskar Pelangi immediately felt when set foot in the front yard of the museum. Photographs that are installed in the museum yard as telling about the journey of literary works that became one of the pride of Belitung community. Enter the museum and the atmosphere is getting more and more.
In this space, can be seen photos of the author with inspirational sentences. One of them is the one that reads “Dream because God the child embraces your dreams”. In addition, there are also excerpts from novels that have been published in these languages. Go deeper, visitors will be greeted with a very comfortable space, complete with tables and books that are left scattered on the table.
In this room, also displayed pictures of scenes Laskar Pelangi movie. Cover-cover Laskar Pelangi published in various countries also adorn the walls of this space. The main hall is a link to the spaces are named based on the names of characters in Laskar Pelangi. The first room is the Space Curl. In this space, visitors can see a trailer of a novel depicting the figure of Ikal.
Photos of scenes when Ikal parted with Latitude became an interesting scene in this space. This photo is taken from a film directed by Riri Reza. Next to the Cycle Room, there is a Latitude Room. Latitude is an intelligent figure who is proud of his friends. In this space, visitors can see photos of Latitude figures taken from the movie Laskar Pelangi.
Among them are photos Latitude with his favorite bike and photos Latitude while riding a bicycle with Ikal. In addition, there is another space that is slightly separated with Space and Space Curls. The room is the Mahar Room. Mahar is known as an eccentric figure who likes various forms of art. In this space, visitors can see photographs of artists who inspire Mahar, one of which is Rhoma Irama.
After passing Mahar room, visitors will get to Kitchen Room. In this room, visitors will see a kitchen converted into a coffee shop. Warkop Kopi Kuli, that’s the board on the wall in this room. Here, visitors can order coffee as a friend to relax or chat enjoy the museum atmosphere. The museum was founded by the writer of novel Laskar Pelangi, Andrea Hirata.
To enter the museum which was inaugurated in November 2012, visitors are not charged entrance fee. The Museum of Kata Andrea Hirata became the first and only literary museum in Indonesia. Visiting this museum can make visitors know how literary works become an important part of life. From this museum, visitors can get inspiration to love more literary works, both in Indonesia and abroad.
- If you are alone (solo traveler) or group but want to explore independently with the following groups route:
- Take the plane route Jakarta (CGK) – Belitung (TJQ) Rp 300.000, -an / org
- Take a taxi to downtown Tanjung Pandan Rp 40.000, – then can rent a motorcycle / car, or
- Take a motorcycle taxi to downtown Tanjung Pandan Rp 35.000, –
- Rental motor Rp 70.000, – / hari
- Car rental Rp 250.000, – / hari
- Towards East Belitung if from downtown take the right direction beside the airport entrance 20 s / d 30 minutes
- Turn left at the crossroad of Badau village 10 minutes
- Turn right after reaching the last village named Ringgiang village ??? 15 minutes
- Ask where the location of the school fitting Laskar Pelangi to the surrounding people are friendly
- You can take advantage of the Google Maps app help for location. The location of this museum is precisely at Jalan Laskar Pelangi No, 7, Gantong, Belitung Timur. This location is not far from SD Muhammadiyah or known as SD Laskar Pelangi and the Dutch heritage building that is Pice Dam.
- Where to eat
- Parking lot